Health & Safety
The Frontiers of Flight Museum is open! The health and safety of our community, staff and volunteers is our number one priority and we have implemented the following protocols for your safety.
- The Museum is operating at a reduced capacity (50% occupancy) per governmental regulations
- Staff and volunteers monitor visitor numbers closely to ensure the continued ability for social distancing
- Floor decals and directional signage are in place throughout the Museum
- Plexi-glass partitions have been installed at the admissions desk and store
In accordance with Texas Executive Order 29 issued July 2nd, 2020, all visitors, staff and volunteers over the age of 10 years are required to wear a face covering over the nose and mouth while visiting the Museum. This requirement does not apply to any person with a medical condition or disability that prevents wearing a face covering. The CDC (Center for Disease Control) also recommends that children over the age of 2 years wear face coverings in public places.
Visitors are asked to self-screen before entering the Museum. If any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 are present, visitors should not enter.
Signs and Symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- Shortness of Breath/Difficulty Breathing
- Fever of 100ᵒ or more
- Sore Throat
- Repeated Chills
- Muscle Pain
- Loss of Taste or Smell
- Known close contact with a person who is confirmed to have COVID-19
All staff and volunteers are required to pass a health screening upon arrival at the Museum. Staff or volunteers with a temperature of over 100 degrees or other signs/symptoms of possible COVID-19 infection will be sent home.
Sanitation and Cleaning
Hand sanitizing stations are available. Increased cleaning and disinfecting of all frequently touched surfaces, restrooms and public areas will take place daily.
Exhibits & Programs
- All interactive Exhibits/Touchscreens will remain closed or inaccessible
- The Children’s Discovery/Play area will remain closed
- In-person summer camps have been cancelled but the Museum is continuing to provide online resources.