GET ALL THE DETAIL for SPIRIT OF 45 –THE 70th ANNIVERSARY OF “THE GREATEST GENERATION’S GREATEST DAY” – THE END OF WORLD WAR II!
- • Strike a pose in front of the famous V-J Day in Times Square photograph by Alfred Eisenstaedt
- • Meet our Living History actors, General “Jimmy” Doolittle and Rosie the Riveter
- • Attend presentations about the Atomic Bomb development, the Kassell Mission, and Iwo Jima
- • Enjoy the WWII era music of Norma Valles
- • Attend the Sunday wreath-laying ceremony with Medal of Honor recipient “Woody” Williams
- • Get the details for ALL of the activities and appearances!
The Museum is proud to be a participating member of “Keep the Spirit of ’45 Alive,” a grassroots coalition of organizations and individuals that are working together to build public awareness and participation in marking the 70th Anniversary of the conclusion of World War II.
This is perhaps the last opportunity for families and communities in every city and town in America to come together to say “Thank you!” to the men and women of our “greatest generation” and to ensure that their example of courage, shared sacrifice, can do attitude, service to others, and national unity will continue to inspire future generations – especially the youth of our country.