The Frontiers of Flight Museum accommodates tour groups from public, private, parochial and home schools and non-school youth groups during our regular operating hours. The admission fee is $4 per student for age 3 through 12th grade. The admission fee for groups that request an Education Program in conjunction with their tour will be $6 per student.
Tours may be scheduled by calling 214-350-3600 x 229, or by filling out a Tour Request Form. Generally, tours are conducted from 10:00-11:30 a.m. and 12:30-2:00 p.m.
Tour Guides will be provided for student groups in 3rd grade and above. Teachers or group leaders with younger groups are invited to take their students on a short self-guided tour, after which they may go to the Children’s Discovery Area. To prepare for their self-guided tour, teachers and group leaders may reference our self guided tour brochure about the Museum’s exhibits. Museum volunteers will be available in the exhibit areas to answer specific questions.
One adult supervisor is required for every 10 students (one for every 5 students under age 5), and these adult supervisors are admitted free of charge. Additional supervisors and other adults will be charged at the adult group rate of $7. You must have the required number of supervisors or your group will not be admitted into the Museum.
Please note: We require that the adult supervisors do just that—SUPERVISE—by staying with the group, keeping the children together and maintaining discipline. All supervisors should know the goals of the visit, their responsibilities and the Museum policies as outlined below:
- All members of the group must check in together. Late arrivals will be charged the regular admission price of $8 for adults, $6 for seniors, and $5 for children 3-17.
- Large groups will be divided into smaller groups (usually 15 or less). Groups must stay together during their tour.
- Students should not use electronic games, portable media players, or any other electronic devices on guided tours. Cell phones may be used for photography, and cameras and video recording devices are allowed and encouraged. Cell phone calls are not allowed during tours.
- Food and drinks are allowed only in the Coca-Cola® Café and the Hutchison Family Birthday Party Hangar. Groups of 60 or fewer may bring sack lunches to enjoy in these areas which must be reserved for the group at the time the tour is scheduled.
- Students should not run, make excessive noise, or cross barriers. They should not touch any of the aircraft or artifacts unless specifically invited to do so by their tour guide.
- Students in group tours may visit the Museum Store in limited numbers under the supervision of one of the adults in the group.
- The rights of other Museum visitors must be respected at all times. These rules apply to all groups visiting the Museum whether or not they are accompanied by a Tour Guide.