The Frontiers of Flight Museum is the foremost aviation and space flight museum in North Texas, and the support of those who donate historic items is appreciated.
We greatly appreciate your willingness to donate your items to the Museum. Due to the large number of offers we receive and to insure the safety of your items, we are unable to accept unsolicited material through the mail or in person without prior communication.
Please review our guidelines for donated artifacts and items below. You will be asked to sign a receipt form for your items indicating that you understand these guidelines.
If you have artifacts, video footage, photographs, or archival material that you believe would complement the Museum’s collection, please contact one of the following individuals to discuss your potential donation. During your conversation, a date and time for you to bring your items to the Museum will be established, typically on a weekday morning.
Bruce Bleakley, Museum Director (214) 350-3600 ext. 225
Bob Welch, Curator (214) 350-3600 ext. 229
1. Museum personnel cannot appraise donations for tax purposes, nor may Museum personnel appraise items as a service for the donor.
2. Items must have clear title and be free of copyright restrictions.
3. Items received for evaluation must be properly documented with the item’s ownership history and donor’s contact information, a copy of which will be given to the donor.
4. Items being donated must be accompanied by any biographical and/or background information available that establishes the item’s historical significance. Particularly in the case of photographs, information on the date, location, subject(s), and so forth is necessary to put the image in historical perspective for our archives.
5. All donated items are accepted on a conditional basis, with a final decision subject to an evaluation by Museum staff.
6. Items accepted as donations are documented with a written “Deed of Gift” from the Museum to the donor once the items are added to the Museum’s inventory.
7. Donors of items which, upon evaluation, cannot be accepted by the Museum will be notified as such and will have 30 days to retrieve their items, after which the Museum reserves the right to dispose of the items in whatever manner it deems suitable.