Volunteers are essential to the Museum’s day-to-day operations and are the front line liaison with our customers. We are committed to create and sponsor educational programs for schools and public groups in order to educate, motivate and inspire the next generation.
We depend on our volunteers to support the Museum through various activities and to enrich the experiences of our visitors. Because the Museum is focused on being a teaching institution, we are always looking to recruit candidates with the appropriate skills and interests to develop into Tour Guides to professionally engage our varied customers.
Fill out the Volunteer Application Form online or stop by the Museum and fill out an application.
You will be contacted by phone or email to schedule an interview.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Volunteer opportunities encompass a broad range of activities:
- Living History program
- Flight School instructors
- Conducting tours for school children
- Outreach programs
- Special Programs support
Exhibit Hall Ambassador
Eligibility and Skills
- Professionally represent the Museum and support our mission objectives
- Possess excellent communications skills
- Reliably work assigned shifts
- Willing and able to work with diverse groups of children, adults, staff and fellow volunteers
- Commitment to attend all required training
- Accept supervision and evaluation of your volunteer work
The Museum is open to the public seven days a week, and volunteers are utilized at all times. Therefore, a volunteer is expected to provide a regular commitment of time, with a minimum of 10 hours monthly. Volunteers who can work a minimum of one four-hour shift per week are especially desirable. Based upon the Museum’s needs and your availability, you will be assigned a specific shift.